This is one of my favorite loaves of bread to make or eat! It tastes good with just about any meal or all by itself!
You can make this in a bread machine by putting everything in and setting it on the dough cycle but I would not suggest cooking it in there.
Remember if you are using a Bosh mixer skip the first rising.
You can shape this into round loaves or like french bread, either way, it comes out great.
I bake it in two small pans that are about 6″ across.
Copycat Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread
makes 2 loaves
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons rosemary
2 tablespoons butter
1. Place yeast, sugar, and water in a large bowl or food processor and allow the mixture to become bubbly.
2. Mix in 1 T butter, salt, and 2 cups of flour.
3. Add one tablespoon of the fresh chopped rosemary.
4. Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in food processor about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
5. Add more flour if necessary.
6. Oil a bowl, put dough in it and cover with a towel.
7. Let dough rise in a warm place for one hour until doubled.
8. Punch down dough and divide in half.
9. Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
10. Spray baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
11. Shape the dough into 2 small rounded oval loaves.
12. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tablespoon of rosemary over the loaves and press lightly into the surface.
13. Let loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.
14. Preheat oven to 375°F.
15. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
16. Carefully remove from oven, brush with remaining butter (and salt if desired.)
Do you enjoy the before meal bread when you go out to eat or do you wait on your meal?