Tequila Lime Chicken Wings are perfect as an appetizer at a party, tailgating, or a quick weeknight dinner. The wings can be finished off on the grill or in the oven.
- 1 pound of chicken wings, cut into segments, tips removed and discarded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
Tequila Lime Sauce
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- ¼ cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup/nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the wings: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Season the wings with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook until just brown and crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Combine the lime zest and juice, tequila, honey or agave syrup, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ tablespoon pepper in a bowl. Pour over the warm wings and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high. Grill the wings until marked, 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer the marinade to a saucepan and cook until slightly thick, about 8 minutes (you can do this on the grill as well). Drizzle the wings with the sauce and top with cilantro, if desired.