Herb butter also referred to as compound butter is a mixture of butter and other ingredients. Primarily, they are used to enhance flavor in various dishes, much like a sauce does. Herbed butter will add zip to cooked vegetables and make your grilled bread sing. This is the perfect recipe for when the herb garden is producing faster than you can use the bounty.
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh herbs, such as parsley, oregano, thyme, or marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, and herbs in the bowl of a food processor or blender and mix until combined.
- Dump onto a piece of waxed paper or parchment and shape into a cylinder or disk
- Seal the ends by twisting, or pack into a ramekin and cover with plastic.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm, at least an hour.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.